The following poems were created by Sherry, aged 12, she has lived such a difficult life in the slums and now she is speaking out the cry of so many of the children here..
I have typed exactly how she has written it..
IF
If our Education requires
To cram the fact
And remember the acts
But not do with my hands
How do hard work, humility
Honesty, help, hope and happiness
Fill my heart, to become
Compassionate and Couragious?
If I learn from the blackboard
And never in the field
I will learn with my head
And never with my leg
My head will become big
And small will my legs
And if I am tall
Great will be my fall
If there is a farm
And a book under arm
My stomach full
Then I cant be a fool
I will write what I see
Remember what I see
My grade will be A and not C
If I have a talent
But the School has no field
The School has no ball
The School has no Theatre
The School has no Computer
The School has no Libary
How do I develop it?
Unless Teachers touch my head
And touch my heart
And touch my hands
Theatrical I will be
Practical never
Initiative never
Entrepenuer never
Decision maker never
Communicator never
Great Leader never
What African Child shall I be?
THE WOMAN
The woman
Kind and mericful as she is
She builds the home
Suffers in all means
To make sure the family survives
And yet no one recognises her as a bold and hard working person
She is paid back with beatings
And be patients until nature
allows her once to have peace and freedom
The man ever stable
Commanding his slave all the time
With the only answer yes mater!
Ladies and gentlemen
Take note that the Nation Is
because women Are!!
No comments:
Post a Comment