Firstly, so far the Tough Mudder fundraising event has raised £1,070 !!! Thank you Matt, Jamie and all you lovely supporters! That covers half an arce of land! Woohoo!
Secondly, I am currently in the process of registering as an official charity. I am now Chair of a group of Trustees and we are meeting tonight to start the registration process! How exciting! I will reveal the name of the charity once it is all finalized.
Thirdly, our flights to Uganda are now booked! Matt and I will be travelling to Uganda on Sunday 20th October.
Here is the list of things we would like to do during our trip:
- Have a meeting with the Mydel staff about future plans
- Meet up with lawyers, land brokers and key contacts to understand our options for buying land
- View potential plots of land to get an idea of price and location
- Perhaps set up a CBO
- Discuss roles and responsibilities with potential workers of the new charity
- Visit the boys in their schools (Thanks to sponsors, most boys are now boarding during term time, 8 remain in the home all year round.)
We are not going to make-over the home any more as this is now temporary. The land and all the administration around it is now key for this visit but we are not going to buy the land until the charity details are sorted.
Please keep an eye on the blog as I normally manage to update it at least every two days when I'm out in Uganda.
I wish you could see the mahoosive smile on my face right now! It is all coming together! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment