Monday, 24 August 2009

Sipi Adventure


'Awesome a weekend at Sipi Falls, a chance to relax, soak up the sun and have a herbal essences moment..'.... how wrong we were...

We all arrive at Sipi after a whole day of driving and rock up at this log resort in the pitch darkness with only the sounds of falling water and crickets to entertain us.. once we got over the amount of creepy crawlies that were about and finished gazing at the huuuuuuuuge amount of stars that were out, we got some kip and awoke to the most amaaaazing view everrrr!!! We could see for miles over the countryside and had a fantastic view of the Sipi Waterfall... picture perfect!

So Yaz and I get all excited and put our dresses on which we previously bought here, accompanied by some little flipflops (3pound matalan jobby) and bounce down to meet the team ready for a nice chilled-out day of swim and sunbathing... the next thing we know we are being given big bamboo sticks to walk with which we took all in our stride and found quite entertaining...'are you going hiking like that?' some random americans asked....'hiking!?.. its just a little stroll to the falls right...'

So we start walking along in our dresses, flipflops and sun-glasses, singing away all jolly and oh my gosh watch our face change when we arrive at the steepest hill/mountainthing ever that we are expected to hike down! Yaz and I just kept laughing at how ridiculous we looked trying to hold our balance as we took one step at a time down this hill surrounded by all sorts of plants and trees and stepping in the mud.. and it was quite amusing to start.. until we finally got to the water fall and me being obsessed with photos thought it would be a great idea to get close to the waterfall for a facebook moment when WHAM I am flat on my face on the floor.. slipped on the wet mud didnt I like a right narnar in my snazzy dress! Haha! I was fine though.. just was COVERED in mud all down one side, but I laughed it off.... until I saw what we had to walk up next!!!!.. this really really reeeeeeally steep hill right through the bush... in flipflops! Thankfully little 12yr old boy who lived there was really lovely and gave his hand to help pull me up... seriously it was a difficult climb for anyone let along wearing a long-length, now wet and muddy dress and trying to find grip in matalan flipflops is a no-go.. one slip and we could have fallen right to the bottom.. it was pretty intense.. holding onto that stick for dear life haha!

So taking each step verrrry carefully up this cliff edge it then starts to thunder.. and then the storms hits... trying to pick up speed as it was getting more and more muddy everyone was getting worn out and it was kinda funny but kinda not now - considering it was now pretty dangerous! We finally made it to a cave embedded in the cliff edge to catch our breath but we didnt stay there for long as we all wanted to get to up to the road as quickly as possible before it became a mud slide. So we followed the leader of this crazy hike who led us to this looooong wooden ladder which was fixed to the cliff edge which we had to climb.. with our sticks!..in the rain!.. in a snazzy dress and slippery flipflops!!! Seriously it was madness Fee you would be laughing at me so much.

THEN it starts hail-stoning and properly hammering it down so we finally get to the mudtrack and this old man calls us into his little shack so we could stay out of the rain.. I was soooo cold and wet and muddy and I was confused how a 'herbal essences moment' had turned into this! Once the rain began to calm we stomped it back via the road to our resort.. my fingers went white and numb I was that cold.. deary me! Yaz and I just got to the resort looking a right state and in shock of what just happened, we just had to laugh. That was an adventure and a half haha!

Sunday we drove home which gave me time to think about everything.. I think I thought too much actually just all the events since we've arrived just all built up.

Today we started the holiday programme at St Barnabus school.. there was a 8yr old boy there who was very reserved and was just crying in the corner.. Joyce explained that he is being beaten and abused by his mum and so ran away from home and has not eaten in days.. so I took him out of school to a restaurant and he had a good meal and drink.. plus I bought a chapati for his brother and gave him a bit of cash to look after himself for the rest of the week.. I just felt so sorry for him and also so helpless.. its all well and good feeding him today etc but he has to live in that situation day in day out... I wish I could find a way to help more long term.

So yeah its been a full-on weekend! Im guna stop chatting now and send you all lots of hugs instead #huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs# love you millions and billions and trillions x mwah x

No comments:

Post a Comment