Thursday, 4 April 2013

Edinburgh Marathon!

Fundraising is on the up!

A few weeks back, I spoke at a Women's Breakfast about how I started The Mydel Boys Home. Lots of women were really interested which was so encouraging. It has given me the boost I needed to really get cracking on fundraising!

One of the ladies there was Samantha. She said she would like to run the Edinburgh Marathon to raise money for expansion of The Mydel Boys Home! Amazing!


Here is her story:

"I've been running on and off since Uni and have done a few 10km's and half marathon's but hadn't really thought about doing a full marathon until the last couple of years. My husband was quite keen to do a marathon too, so we decided we should just go for it and signed up for the Edinburgh Marathon which is on 26th May. I really wanted to do it for a charity (not just for fun!) and when I heard Tiarna speak recently at a women's breakfast I was really inspired by her story and decided to run for The Mydel Boy's Home. It's great to be running for such a good cause and I hope to play a small part in raising awareness of this amazing charity"


To support Sam in her marathon, please click on the donate button to the right of this page. The payments will go through Paypal so please add a note saying 'Sam's Marathon', so I can keep her informed of how much money is being raised.

All donations under 'Sam's Marathon' will be used to pay for the land, to develop the Home. We need to raise £5000, hopefully by summer time!

Thank you Sam! Get donating people! It's 26 miles!!!



I will update soon on the dance fundraising event I am putting on in June! Very exciting times! xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment