Monday, 5 July 2010

Paint and Pics






Good morning all you lovely people!!

Sooo.. Saturday was a chilled day... I watched the boys play football.. they used a school playground as their pitch.. it overlooked the slums which are notorious for being extreeemly dangerous. It was quite a sight! The boys split into teams to represent the different countries which are in the World Cup so they could play their own 'mini world cup'. It was a good afternoon. To get back to the main street they took me to this biiiiig drainage pit... I had to amble down the bank, jump across a big sewage stream and then had to climb back up the bank!... thankfully I didnt fall in!

On Sunday we got up very early to paint the house... we went around the village trying to find paint brushes, all the boys worked together to paint the two rooms a sky blue and then wash the floor.. it now looks sooo much better! It was great that everyone got involved as it gives the boys a sense of ownership and will help them recognise that they have to look after their house.

Today I hope to get some electric in the house and also buy some essentials.. I have decided to put up shelves rather than get a table so that they have more floor space, ready for when we get the beds in! Thankyou sooo soooo soooo much for all your donations! I means that tonight I can take the youth to see Joe's business and then tomorrow we can enjoy a two day workshop where they can learn skills so they are able to make their own money! Such a big help and of huuuge importance! I will let you know how it goes when we are back!



I am now hoping to put up some pictures and videos of the house in its original state before we revamped it... fingers crossed it works.. I'm not sure if the video has uploaded so will show you when I'm back

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment