Monday, 25 January 2010

Help the Homeless

Hiiiii!

Hope everyone is well,

I have kept in good contact with the organisations and children that I was helping in Uganda and have just found out that 15 of the youth, who I was helping at Mydel, are completely homeless.. they have no families as many of their parents have died and therefore they are either living on the streets, staying in an abusive environment or are kipping in the youth leader's house- which is not practical at all and its starting to cause problems.

The children desperately need to be housed. Please can any one help? Some of them start school beginning of Feb and it would be great to give them somewhere secure to live.

Here is what is needed;

For 15 children to be housed the rent needs to be paid every 3months... so for 3months rent for 15 kids its ; £141.52

For 5 matresses its £94.38 (they are used to sharing but lets try and get them one each!)

For 15 blankets its £70.78

Thats a total of £306.68 to get 15 children somewhere safe and warm to sleep every night for 3months.

I would love to be able to help with this.. I am going to give what I can but my job situation is not secure at the moment and it would be great to provide housing for them throughout the whole year..

Please can anyone help? In donation or in fundraising? ... if you think about it its not much at all.. £100 a month can house 15 kids!!!

Please, if you are able to help in any way please email me at tiarna4jc@hotmail.com

The children, youth team and myself would be eternally grateful

Thankyou

Tiarna xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment